The Alan Fraser Piano Institute
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Personal Data We Collect
2. Passive Collective of Non Personal Data
3. The Way We Use Personal Data
4. How We Share Personal Data
5. Participating in Public Forums
6. Linking to Third Party Websites
7. Communications; Unsubscribe
8. Advertisements on the Site
9. Data Security
10. Children Younger than 13 Years
11. Visitors Residing Outside The United States, And Consent To Transfer
12. How To Contact Us
1. Personal Data We Collect
(a) Active Collection of Personal Data. "Personal Data" is information that would allow someone to identify you personally. The types of Personal Data we collect from you via the Site will vary depending on the activity involved, but may include: first and last name, address, e-mail address, mobile phone number and phone number. We do not require that you provide Personal Data to obtain access to public parts of the Site, however, some areas of the Site may ask you to submit Personal Data in order for you to benefit from the specified features or to participate in a particular activity. For example, we may collect Personal Data when you register on the Site; participate in games, contests, sweepstakes, events, or other promotional events (collectively, "Promotions") offered through the Site; subscribe to an online newsletter and other communications (e.g., whether by e-mail, mobile device, etc.); send questions or comments to us, or fill out online surveys or participate on message boards. Providing us with Personal Data about yourself is voluntary, and you can always choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of or participate in certain of the Site's features.
In addition, you may have the opportunity to provide us with the Personal Data, such as name, e-mail address and/or mobile phone number, of a friend, such as if you chose to send a friend an electronic greeting card, trailer or other special feature from our Site. The e-mail addresses or phone numbers you supply us for those activities will not be retained for other purposes unless we disclose otherwise at the time you provide such information. We encourage you to send such items only to recipients who are your friends or family or persons with whom you have a relationship.
2. Passive Collective of Non Personal Data.
As you navigate through or interact with the Site, certain other information, such as log files, server logs and clickstream data (collectively, "Non Personal Data") can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies, such as cookies, Internet tags, web beacons, mobile devices or other technologies. We may use such Non Personal Data for many purposes including to provide better service to Site visitors, customize the Site based on your preferences, compile and analyze statistics and trends and otherwise administer and improve the Site for your use. Where we associate Non-Personal Data with Personal Data, we will treat all of that information as Personal Data. We may collect Non-Personal Data using various technologies described as follows:
(ii) IP Addresses. An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer or network whenever you are on the Internet. When you request to view pages from this Site, our servers log your IP address. We may use IP address for a number of purposes, such as system administration, to report aggregate information to our business partners or to audit the use of the Site. We may associate your IP address with the Personal Data you provide.
(iii) Web Beacons. The Site's pages and any communications sent by the Site may contain a small graphic image called a web beacon, which is sometimes also called a "clear gif. Web beacons can be very small and invisible to the user, but, in general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page or Site communication, including HTML based content, can act as a web beacon. We may use web beacons to count visitors to our Site or to monitor how visitors navigate our Site, and we may include web beacons in communications sent from the Site in order to count how many messages we sent were actually opened or acted upon.
(iv) Mobile Devices. Certain mobile service providers uniquely identify mobile devices and we will receive such information if you access the Site through mobile devices. Certain features of the Site may require collection of a mobile phone number and we may associate that phone number and other Personal Data to the mobile device identification information. Additionally, some mobile phone service providers operate a system that pinpoints the physical location of devices that use their service. Depending on the provider, we may automatically receive this information.
3. The Way We Use Personal Data.
(a) We retain and may use your Personal Data for many purposes, including:
• to send newsletters and other communications for which you have subscribed or agreed to receive;
• provide you with services or fulfill transactions that you have requested;
• send you offers or promotional materials on behalf of Institute or third parties;
• communicate with you regarding information, features or offers that we believe will be of interest to you;
• contact you regarding a Promotion in which you have participated;
• respond to your questions or other requests;
• to improve or customize the Site and its content, features and services;
• allow you to access specific sections of Site for which you have registered; or
• for other internal business purposes or for other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Data.
Additionally, where you have submitted information to us through the Site via a "contact us" or other similar mechanism, we will not use the information submitted by you to contact you for marketing purposes unrelated to your request.
(b) Please note that in accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Data you have submitted through the Site. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Data indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Data. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
4. How We Share Personal Data.
We may disclose Personal Data and Non Personal Data (collectively, "Information) with third parties or nonaffiliated companies under the following circumstances:
(i) Service Providers. We may share Information with parties who work on our behalf to support our business needs or to provide a product or service for you on our behalf. Such parties may host and help manage the Site, send e-mail newsletters and/or other communications, provide wireless services on our behalf, clear and process credit card payments or perform other administrative services.
(iii) Sale/Reorganization. We reserve the right to disclose and transfer Information about you (and you consent to such disclosure and transfer): (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Site, including any applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, reorganization, issuance of securities, the sale of substantially all of Institute's stock and/or assets or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
(v) Unlawful Access. Your Information may be disclosed to third parties (e.g., hackers) who unlawfully intercept or access Information or confidential transmissions.
(vi) Promotions. If you choose to sign-up for a Promotion offered on the Site, your Personal Data may be disclosed to third parties in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law, such as on a winners list. By entering a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including without limitation, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion.
(vii) Advertisers. We may disclose Non Personal Data, such as aggregate user data, to advertisers, business partners and other third parties.
6. Linking to Third Party Websites. The Site may contain links to third-party websites, which may provide additional information, goods, services and/or promotions. For example, you may encounter links from sponsors or partners, which may include Institute's logo or other identifying marks as part of a co-branding arrangement. These third party websites are owned and operated independently of Institute, and may have their own separate privacy and data collection practices. Institute has no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the actions or policies of these independent websites, and is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such websites, even where Institute has entered into a co-branding agreement with the third party website.
9. Data Security. While we have taken steps to protect the Personal Data we collect from you on the Site, you should keep in mind, however, that no Internet or wireless transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail or text messages sent to or from the Site may not be secure. Likewise, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you disclose to us, or that we store internally, and you do so at your own risk. Please consider this when you choose the information, if any, you wish to transmit to the Site or to Institute through the Internet or wireless transmissions.
10. Children Younger than 13 Years. This Site is a general audience website that does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children younger than 13 years ("Child" or "Children"). If you are a Child younger than 13 years, please do not send any information about yourself to us. If we are notified that a Child has submitted Personal Data to the Site, we will delete that Child's Personal Data.
TM & © The Alan Fraser Piano Institute All Rights Reserved.
Find an Institute near you.
Institute Photos & Videos
Become a Craft of Piano certified teacher.
Extensive data base of Alan Fraser teaching videos